The door probably originates from Cairo and can be dated to the Mameluk era in the fifteenth century (?) based on its construction and decorative motifs. A matching door is now found in the oil storeroom of the Katholikon. In 1734, it was used in the entrance to the Library built next to the Saint Antonios chapel in the south side of the monastery. A wooden frame was then added around its perimeter to make it fit in the Library door opening. The door also retains part of its pivot axis on the top left corner. An inscription on the door lintel mentions the patron archbishop Nikephoros Marthalis, the stone-mason monk Philotheos, and monk Symeon, who had catalogued the books.

Woodcarving with inlaid bone ornaments
Fifteenth century (?) 1734
95,8 Χ 198,5 cm